URBAN CHIC HERRECYKEL
Keep it stylishly simple!
The Urban Chic Gents range comprises simplified versions of our top model: the Kopenhagen Classic Gents cycle.
Our Urban Chic Gents retro style bike is ideal as your first Velorbis – and the optimal way to cycle in style to, from and around the university, college, school or work
Urban Chic Gents has all the best-in-class components as his premium big brother, Kopenhagen Classic Gents cycle, with some alternative features and accessories such as a single kickstand, front rim brake, which make this bicycle slightly lighter than the Kopenhagen Classic cycle, which is equipped with a solid double kickstand and front drum brake.
Our entry price point men’s bike – the Urban Chic Gents model – maybe be lighter on the wallet than some of the other cycles but it still doesn’t compromise on either good looks or luxury. We just cut back on the extras, giving you the choice to have a bike that might be a bit more simple but still just as stylish.
The Joy of Cycling
The Urban Chic Gents bike might be good value for money but it is still beautiful to ride. Here’s why!
- The upright riding position means no stress on lower back or shoulders – it’s as comfortable as sitting in a chair!
- The frame comes in three sizes – 54/57/61 cm – so you can choose what fits your height perfectly.
- An optional sprung real leather Brooks saddle in a choice of three colours will gradually mould itself to your own shape giving the most perfect seat. Alternatively, a gel saddle in black or brown has a natural softness to give a great ride.
- Top quality Schwalbe tyres are 50 mm wide to give extra suspension over bumps and lumps in the road. They come in a choice of brown, cream or black.
- The bike comes in a choice of four classy colours: British Racing Green, stylish Mouse Grey, and timeless black.
- Unlike most traditional steel bikes, we make our frames from strong but lightweight German steel meaning that the bike weighs only 15 kg (without extras) making it much easier to manoeuvre.
The Urban Chic Gents bicycle is not only stylish, it’s functional too!
- Shimano Nexus gears are internal and therefore low maintenance as protected from the elements. They are available in 1 or 3 speeds.
- Depending on what you generally need to carry, there are luggage options of steel rear carrier with bag hook, exclusive front wooden tray, wooden crate (shallow or deep) or different baskets so your shopping, briefcase or gym kit can be carried with ease.
- A chain cover means you arrive at your destination free from splashes, oil or dirt from the road.
- The Urban Chic Gents is compatible with a Yepp child seat to carry the little one with you.
- The tyres use anti-puncture technology.
Cycling in the city isn’t without it’s perils so you’ll be reassured to see these important safety features on our Urban Chic Gents bike:
- The upright seating position gives you a great view of your surroundings and the other traffic on the road.
- The bike can be fitted with battery powered front and back lights.
- A Ding Dong bell is included.
- The bike can be fitted with an Axa Solid integrated frame lock with key
The Urban Chic Gents bike offers great value for money with no compromise on quality but it’s worth thinking about your lifestyle and how you wish to use your bike. If you want the convenience of maybe a dynamo light, a seven speed gear system or even an electric motor or perhaps you crave your bike in your very favourite shade of blue (or any one of over 200 available colours), then maybe have a look at our best selling Kopenhagen Classic Gents vintage cycle and see if that offers you the design options that make sense for you.
Here are the main differences between the Kopenhagen Classic Gent bicycle and the Urban Chic Gents cycle models:
- Urban Chic cycle has rim brakes on the front wheel
- Kopenhagen Classic cycle has drum brakes built-in for low maintenance
- Urban Chic cycle has limited colours available (4 colours)
- Kopenhagen Classic cycle has 200+ colours available.
- Urban Chic cycle has an optional retro battery lamp set
- Kopenhagen Classic has a further optional dynamo driven lamp set.
- Urban Chic cycle has limited no. of gear options.
- Kopenhagen Classic cycle has a full range of gear options.
- Urban Chic cycle weighs app. 2 kgs less than the Kopenhagen Classic (before adding extras).