Superb Cycle Functionality
As you would expect, the Kopenhagen Classic Ladies Dutch-style bike is as practical as it is beautiful.
- Enclosing the gears protects you and your bicycle from all types of weather, hence they involve much lower maintenance than the derailleur systems found on most bikes. Another advantage of internal gears is that they are very simple on the outside and come with a chain guard. This is a much cleaner option allowing you to ride in any clothing you choose rather than having to wear specialist cycle gear. Shimano Nexus gears are internal and available in 1, 3 and 7 speed. The 7 gear bikes have an option of either pedal brakes or handlebar brakes. This is another unique characteristic feature of the Kopenhagen Classic ladies cycle. Our flexibility in equipping bicycles with either freewheel/drum brake hubs which are popular worldwide, or coaster brakes/pedal brake hubs which are predominantly associated with Dutch-style bicycles from Holland, Northern Europe, and Scandinavia. In the beginning, Dutch-style bikes were ‘born’ with coaster brakes/pedal brake hubs because at that time they were the predominant style of bike in Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway – these countries all used this coaster brake/pedal brake system only. The sit-up-and-beg style bicycles have recently increased in popularity all over the world; however, these markets are not used to coaster brakes/pedal brakes. Therefore the Dutch style bicycle has evolved to also include freewheel internal gear hubs with drum or roller brake systems. Since Velorbis caters for all markets, we have decided to offer our range of bicycles with both brake system options.
- Depending on what you generally need to carry, there are luggage options of Velorbis’ own design steel rear carrier with bag hook, exclusive front wooden tray, wooden crate (shallow or deep) or different baskets so your shopping, briefcase or gym kit can be carried with ease. The Velorbis steel rear carrier has an innovative bag hook on the side so that you can carry laptop bags, gym bags or grocery bags on the side of your bicycle. When you place your bag handles over the hook and bring down the spring-loaded top flap, a special locking mechanism ensures that your items are securely held in place when cycling.
- A chain cover and leather mud flaps mean you arrive at your destination free from splashes, oil or dirt from the road.
- The Kopenhagen Classic is compatible with a Yepp child seat to carry the little one with you.
- The double kick-stand gives your bike extra stability when parked.
Bicycle Safety First!
When cycling around the city, safety is paramount. The Kopenhagen Classic Ladies has many features that keep you from harm’s way
- The upright seating position gives you a great view of your surroundings and the other traffic on the road.
- The bike comes with the option of either a strong battery powered LED reto lamp set or internal dynamo powered front and back lights with LED and built-in parking lights, that ensure the light is on even when the bicycle is stopped at a red light.
- A classic 80 mm Ding Dong bell is included and can be coloured to whatever shade you desire.
- The bike comes with an Axa Solid integrated frame lock with keys.
We all have different needs and some people might want something extra added to their Kopenhagen Classic Ladies bike. Here are just some of the possibilities.
- Kopenhagen Classic is the perfect marriage of retro styling and contemporary functionality and can be seamlessly integrated into your everyday life. This bicycle can also be upgraded to an Elechic e-bike version. If you have a longer commute or live in a hillier environment, why not take the option of adding an electric motor to your bike? A Pendix eDrive system can be added with a choice of two sizes of removable lithium battery (300AH or 500AH), coloured to match your frame.
- Make your bike a mobile billboard by adding a logo plate above the back wheel.
Fine Bicycle Alternatives
The Kopenhagen Classic Women’s is one of our absolute best-sellers but is it right for you? See how it compares to others:
- If you want a bit more speed, maybe look at the Arrow Sport Women’s bike. Instead of the upright handlebars, it has the forward-leaning sporty ones and the tyres are ultra-thin 28cm wide to give less traction. The Brooks leather saddle option is the racer model that is specially designed for the different riding position. To keep the bike light, a single kickstand is used.
- Is the journey to work over a rather bumpy road or do you enjoy leisure biking on unpaved country tracks? If so, then maybe your best option is the Kopenhagen Balloon bike – similar in most aspects to the Kopenhagen Classic but with the distinctive 60 mm wide tyres that will make you float across even the most uneven roads.